Terms & Conditions
Turner Westwell Limited is a company registered in England and Wales (Registered Number: 14763558) and is regulated by the RICS. A list of Directors of the company is open to inspect at the registered office of St. Georges House, St. Georges Street, Chorley, England, PR7 2AA.
Website Disclaimer: Although every care is taken to ensure that all information on the Turner Westwell Limited site is accurate and up to date, Turner Westwell Limited do not accept any responsibility for mistakes or omissions. Detailed specialist advice should be obtained before taking or refraining from any action as a result of the content, or commentary, made on this website which are only intended as brief introduction to the particular subject. Information provided is for guidance only and any prospective purchaser or tenant must satisfy themselves by investigation and inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of the statements contained in the property details or on the particulars.
Turner Westwell Limited does not warrant or represent and excludes all warranties or representations that the material and information, including advertising material, on the Website is accurate, true or complete or that it is free of viruses or that it does not contain any material which is defamatory, obscene or illegal in any way. Content throughout this website may be changed at any time without notice. In no circumstances will Turner Westwell Limited be liable to you or any other third parties for any loss, or damage (whether direct or indirect) including loss of profits, loss of opportunity or any consequential loss resulting from, or in any way, connected with your use of this website or its consent, whether caused by negligence, misrepresentation, breach of any statutory duty, breach of contract or otherwise. The site contains hypertext links that may allow access other websites via this site. You use such links, and any other websites, entirely at your own risk and Turner Westwell Limited accepts no responsibility for their availability, context or use of such websites or the information contained on them.
Virus Protection: Turner Westwell Limited makes every effort to check and test material at all stages of production and antivirus software is in place on all of the firms IT equipment. It is advised that users of this site run an antivirus programme on all material downloaded from the web.
Data Protection: Turner Westwell Limited is committed to protecting your privacy and providing a secure site. In accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 Turner Westwell Limited does not pass information to third parties.
You are not obliged to provide us with any personal information to use this site. Any information you choose to provide with only be used for the purposes for which you provided it. We comply with industry standard security measures in relation to the storage of personal information provided to Turner Westwell Limited in order to protect your privacy.
Property Misdescriptions: Any property particulars on this website do not, and shall not, constitute in whole, or in part, an offer or a contract or part thereof and Turner Westwell Limited has no authority to make or enter into any such offer or contract.
All statements contained in any property particulars are made without acceptance of any liability, negligence or otherwise by Turner Westwell Limited, for themselves or for the Vendor or Lessor.
None of the statements contained in any property particulars are to be relied upon as a statement or representation of fact or warranty on any matter whatsoever and intending purchasers or tenants must satisfy themselves by whatever means as to the correctness of any statements made within the particulars or, indeed, throughout this website.
Complaints handling procedure: Turner Westwell Limited operate a complaints handling procedure should any client have a complaint to make in respect of any aspect of service received. In the first instance a client should take up this matter with the member of personnel that has been dealing with their instruction. A copy of Turner Westwell Limited’s complaints handling procedure is available on request.
Intellectual Property: This website is owned and controlled by Turner Westwell Limited. All information on the site is protected by copyrights and trademarks and is owned by Turner Westwell Limited. All our rights are reserved.
Law: Your use of this website is governed by English law and any disputes will be determined exclusively by the English courts.
General Terms of Business
The following statements sets out general terms of business in which Turner Westwell Limited carries out professional services of behalf of clients. Any information specific to a particular matter will be dealt with by separate terms of engagement.
- Place and Hours of Business. Turner Westwell Limited operate from St. Georges House, St. Georges Street, Chorley, England, PR7 2AA. Normal hours of opening are 9.00 a.m. – 5.00 p.m. Monday to Friday. Appointments are often carried out outside of the usual office hours by separate agreement.
- Fees. Fees are usually arranged by separate fee arrangements however, where this is not the case and fees have not been agreed in writing, a time spent fee arrangement will be implemented in relation to time spent working on a clients behalf. Current rates can be provided upon request. All Turner Westwell Limited fees are subject to VAT at the prevailing rate.
- Clients wishing to seek to limit exposure to fees should request a formal fee proposal from Turner Westwell Limited to be agreed, in writing, prior to commencement of any instruction.
- Accounts Payable. Accounts are payable within the terms stated on the invoice received. Turner Westwell Limited reserve the right to charge interest on outstanding accounts at a rate of 5% above NatWest Bank’s base lending rate calculated daily from the invoice date to the date of payment.
- Client Monies and Client Accounts. Turner Westwell Limited are able to hold money on behalf of clients and held within a dedicated client account. The operation of the client bank account is supervised by and is subject to rules of conduct provided by the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors.
- Clients’ Property. Throughout any instruction unless explicitly agreed otherwise the subject property and its contents, fixtures and fittings therein remain the sole responsibility and possession of the client. Furthermore the client agrees that the property is maintained to a standard meeting all health and safety requirements and to indemnify Turner Westwell Limited against any liability arising from attending the property. To carry out our duties under the terms of any instruction,
- Turner Westwell Limited representatives may be required to hold keys for the purpose of unaccompanied access to the property, by holding of keys for the purpose of carrying out an instruction, Turner Westwell Limited does not accept any liability for the property. From time to time, the keys to a property may be required to be released by Turner Westwell Limited to a third party by prior agreement with the client. The client agrees that Turner Westwell Limited or any of its representatives cannot be held liable for any loss of property, Any person(s) attending the property, whether it be accompanied or otherwise, do so at their own risk and the client, or any third parties attending the premises will not hold Turner Westwell Limited liable for any claims arising as a result.
- Retention of Client Files. Following conclusion of an instruction on behalf of a client, Turner Westwell Limited will retain the clients files and details for such a period as they deem appropriate and at their absolute discretion. Any client who requires details of the instruction to be kept for any specific period should be required to give notice, in writing, to Turner Westwell Limited to that effect.
- Property Viewings and Site Visits. Parties attending any property under instruction of Turner Westwell Limited do so at their own risk and agree not to hold Turner Westwell Limited liable for any claims arising.
- Limitation of Liability. A copy of our Terms of Business are available on Request.
- Professional Indemnity Insurance. Turner Westwell Limited carry professional indemnity insurance in accordance with the requirements of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors. Clients may obtain details of the cover held by making a request in writing.